Did You Know?
Methodist Women’s Hospital FAQ
In choosing the home for your health care, gather plenty of information about the services, amenities, staff and quality of care.
Answers to the following frequently asked questions can help you determine whether the new Methodist Women’s Hospital is the right choice for you.
How does the Methodist Women’s Hospital size up?
With room for expansion up and out at a later date.
Square footage: 289,000 square feet
Just over 5 football fields of hospital space.
- 60 beds: Gynecological & mother/baby care
- 36 beds: Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- 18 beds: Labor & delivery
- 6 beds: High-risk obstetrics
- 3 beds: Labor & delivery observation rooms
- 1 bed: Labor & delivery examination room
Is Methodist Women’s Hospital designated a Magnet hospital?
- Yes. As an affiliate of Methodist Hospital, Methodist Women’s Hospital adheres to the same “gold standard” of nursing, awarded to only 6 percent of the nation’s hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Methodist Health System has a strong reputation for outstanding nursing care. The award recognizes health care organizations exhibiting excellence in nursing services to patients, the existence of an environment that supports professional nursing practice and growth and development of nursing staff.
What services can women receive at Methodist Women's Hospital?
- Methodist Women’s Hospital offers women a host of obstetrical, gynecological, outpatient imaging, outpatient laboratory and emergency services.
So if I’m not having babies, the Women’s Hospital still has a lot to offer me?
- Absolutely! Methodist Women’s Hospital provides a full range of gynecological services for women of all ages. Women requiring an overnight stay in our hospital will stay in one of our spacious, beautifully appointed private rooms for gynecology patients. Explore the details.
Are additional women’s health services available close by?
- The added convenience of the Methodist Physicians Clinic Women’s Center in the attached medical office building allows women to come to one campus for all of their gynecological and women’s health needs, including counseling, physical therapy and skin renewal services.
What about the guys?
At Methodist 192Dodge Campus, men's services include:
- Emergency services
- Outpatient radiology procedures
- Outpatient lab services
- Methodist Physicians Clinic 192Dodge Internal Medicine
- The majority of our services for men, however, remain at Methodist Hospital’s 84th Street campus.
- By moving our obstetrical and gynecological services to Methodist Women’s Hospital, we are freeing up space needed at our main campus on 84th Street to expand and enhance our cancer, cardiac and vascular services. These updates and improvements are crucial to the care of our patients.
Location & Directions
Where is the 192Dodge Campus, and how do I get there?
- Methodist Women’s Hospital and the attached medical office building are located at 707 N. 190th Plaza, Omaha, Neb., 68022, on the Methodist 192Dodge campus. The front entrance to the hospital is on Cleveland Blvd.
- From W. Dodge Road, take the 192nd St. exit, turn north and drive to Cleveland Blvd. Turn east on Cleveland Blvd. The hospital is located on the south side of the street.
- View a campus map.
How You Can Help
- Construction of the hospital was covered by bond funds; however, community support is always welcome. Make a donation or view the "Wish List" of items you can help purchase for Methodist Women's Hospital.
Become a VIP (Volunteer in Partnership)
Adult volunteers are needed at Methodist Women’s Hospital for:
- Patient flower and mail delivery
- Radiology attendant
- Information desk greeter/guide
- Gift shop clerk
- Clerical projects
- Central supply delivery
Times, shifts and frequency vary by position. Some positions require multiple volunteers per shift and advanced training.
Another specialized area seeking volunteers is the Volunteen program. Volunteens (ages 14 – 18) are needed weekdays between 4 and 6 p.m. They deliver cookies, newspapers and other items to patients.
Applications can be dowloaded below:
For more information on becoming a member of the Methodist VIP or Volunteen programs send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (402)815-1130.